Monday, March 12, 2012

Green Smoothies

I've been on a bit of a healthy foods kick of late. I'm not sure what really triggered it, but about a month ago I started making green smoothies for breakfast every morning. Vegetables have never really been my thing, but I would force myself to eat some for all those health reasons. So these smoothies are a great way to incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables into my diet. My husband bought me a fresh pineapple so I could come up with some kind of concoction. My first batch was not so great because I added way to much ginger. Subsequent ones were much better.

Ingredients:
2 mandarins
4 romaine leaves
chunks of pineapple
sliver of ginger
1 banana
almond butter
almond milk
chia seeds
dash of agave

By the way, pineapples are a pain to cut. If you have any smoothie recipes, I'd love to read them.

4 comments:

Jenny K. said...

I don't think I could eat that...haha

June Shin said...

I didn't think I would be able to either, but I experiment with different fruits. I find the simpler the better.

Ashley said...

Oh, this sounds good. I'll have to try it!

A simple one I fall back on when in a hurry is 1 or 1/2 avocado, a huge handful of spinach, 1 pear, and a small hand full of mixed frozen fruit. Add in almond milk to your desired consistency!

June Shin said...

Hey Ashley! In my first batch, I put way to much ginger, so definitely be careful with that, if you decide to add some. I also found that pineapple and mango go very well together. :) Thanks for your recipe!