Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wanted: Studio Shed

If you read my post on 6 random things, then you know I once wanted to be an architect. I no longer aspire to that, but I do still love to look at houses and browse through magazines such as Architectural Digest and Dwell. This month's Dwell is all about prefab houses. What is prefab? According to Dwell, it is basically where "a home is fabricated in one location and then delivered to another." Many are transportable, but don't confuse it with a mobile home. It's so much more than that. If you move to another city, imagine being able to move your house with you! Well, there was a feature on prefab sheds for a little get away in your own backyard. My favorite was this little cabana made by Modern Cabana that is simple, minimalistic and provides lots of light. Perfect for a little studio that I can call my own.
Images courtesy of Modern Cabana


Here's one designed by Modern-Shed.
Image courtesy of Modern-Shed

Prices for Modern Cabana start at $11,500 and for Modern-Shed start at $7,440. If I win the lotto and we buy a house with a big yard, I might just get me one of these.

10 comments:

jeweledrabbit said...

I really like that first one.

Wren said...

Those are so pretty! Someday, we'd like an entire prefab house. I can only imagine the price....

Brenda said...

I found a prefab cottage (studio with a loft once) that I'm still dreaming about. Now I'll dream about a prefab studio shed!

Amanda said...

Wow! I love these. I want one, too.

l'actrice said...

They look so practical and fun too:-)

Brownbunnybyiris

f2images said...

OMG.....I hope you get one!! I so want one too!! Instead of sprawling all over the dining room table...lol :)

Feminine Personae said...

I can't wait to get one myself! I guess I'm looking for a greenhouse type shed though.. with solar panels, solar lights, and skylights! =)

Anonymous said...

we get dwell too. i'd love to have one of those things. i've thought about building one on my own. come help me out with mine and i'll help you out with yours.

Heather Leavers said...

oh I'd LOVE a studio.

June Shin said...

Travis, I'd love to see you build one. I'll bring the beer. :)