You may remember when I blogged about a trade I did with another Etsian: my Sway Necklace for her reConnect Monkeys tee dress. Well, this week, we get to know a little bit more about Emily, the designer/illustrator/screen printer and bride-to-be. I am so glad we "met" through Twitter/Etsy, because she is a funny all around awesome chick, and I'm sure that if we were to meet in person, we would have a blast just hanging out and eating great food. So read on to get a glimpse of her, and if you like what you read, be sure to check out her site and blog. She is also giving away a free item to one of my lovely readers!
I am… one lucky schmuck who always sees the glass half full.
I was… a really mean little kid, but I got a taste of my own medicine in middle school.
I will be… a married woman in less than 3 weeks!!!
My passion is… spread over way too many interests —design/illustration day job, QT with my peeps, going to live music, playing sports, t-shirt printing... I wish I could operate on 3 hours of sleep a night, like I used to in my 20’s!
Many people don’t know that I…
- have never eaten a peanut butter sandwich.
- played competitive ultimate frisbee on a women’s team that won gold at Nationals in 2005.
- do everything with my right hand... except write and draw.
Most days, you can find me… in front of my computer.
I’d like to learn to… drive stick.
I can’t believe I… recently overcame my apple allergy. I’ve eaten at least two a day since I found out!
If I won the lottery, I would… travel, share with friends & fam, get a house with studio space, and sew/design clothes for a part-time living (I don’t think I could stop working altogether!).
I’d like to thank the Academy for… surrounding me with such a solid support system and giving me so many open doors.
Now for the giveaway!
Emily is generously offering a winner either a print or tee of your choice from her shop! To enter, just let me know which item you would choose if you win. You have until Nov. 16th to enter, and please make sure you leave your name and contact info. I will announce the winner on the 17th.
For additional entries:
1. Join the m chen wears facebook group.
2. Follow "@mchenwears" on twitter, and tell me that you did.
3. Sign up for her newsletter, and tell me that you did.
4. Twitter about this giveaway. Please have @juneshindesigns in the tweet so I can track it.
5. Become a facebook fan of June Shin and write a comment on my wall.