Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Getting Organized - Shoes

If you read my previous post about getting a designated jewelry workspace, then you know I took a trip to the Container Store. As an Asian household, we don't wear our shoes in the house. Honestly, if I weren't Asian, I think I'd still take my shoes off, because it just makes sense. Why would you want to trek in all the dirt and crap from outside all in your house? Anyway, since we don't wear our shoes in the house, we needed a place to store our shoes by the front door. We didn't want to leave the shoes on open shelves because it just does not look pretty, so we bought some cabinets. They work great, but there weren't enough shelves for all of our shoes. All the shoes would kind of just pile on top of each other and some would get smushed. So I bought some of those clear shoe storage boxes to store the ones that I don't wear as frequently. This way, I can see the shoes in the box and place the more frequently worn shoes on top of them.
I have to say, it works out pretty well and I need to buy a few more, as you can see from the second shelf from the bottom. Unfortunately, I can't fit my tall boots in there. If you're wondering where his shoes are, we have his and her cabinets.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I don't wear shoes in my house either -- it just isn't comfortable!

This post makes me feel the need to get organized!

AsianCajuns said...

His and Her shoe cabinets - I love that! Brilliant shoe-storage idea!

cc said...

that's great! we've just been leaving our shoes outside our front door, hoping that no one would take them. (only the truly pathetic ones would want our shoes anyway.) we're gonna have to implement your idea, thanks!

Ashley said...

This is a really great idea. I don't wear shoes in the house either, and they tend to pile up quickly. I may be borrowing the his and hers shoe cabinet idea!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!